Monday, June 11, 2012

Chocolate Sunbutter bars



Ingredients
1/4 cup honey
1 ½ cup oats
1/2 cup coconut oil (no substitues)
1/2 cup sunbutter
1/2 sunspire grain sweetened chocolate chips

Heat coconut oil, honey and sunbutter in pot untill it is melted.  Take off burner add chocolate chips.  Add oats.  Pour in dish.  Refrigerate for 2 hours.  Cut and serve

The original reciepe calls for peanut butter, but my daughter is allergic, so we used sunbutter, which is made out of sunflower seeds. 

No refined sugar!  This is a fairly safe "healthy" reciepe to satisfy your sweet tooth without breaking your goal of no sugar or white flour.

Warning: These are so good I ate all of them except 3!

1 comment:

Elizabeth, blogging for SunButter said...

Hello,
YUM! Since I blog for SunButter, I'm always looking for new recipes, and this is a fresh creation I'm eager to try! Thanks for the inspiration.