Monday, June 11, 2012

Red Neck Riviera

    When I told my coworker I was going to the gulf shores he told me they call it the redneck riviera. I was pretty pumped about my vacation to the gulf shores until he called it "Redneck riviera". For some reason that made me feel like my trip had just been downgraded. Then I remembered that his words are not truth. God's words are truth and he made the gulf shores and said "it was good".

So, would you like to know what I thought of Alabama's gulf shores?


     They are beautiful! Pure, clean, white beaches. In fact I would like to return every year. There are lots of beach houses that accomodate groups of 10-14, so I think it would be a nice trip to go on with my sisters and their families and my dad.

     The ocean water was pretty and clear despite a greenish color but it was from the algea.  To me that just means it's healthy because that is food for all the fish.  And boy did we see fish. Even in the very shallow part at the shore there were small pretty white fish.  Luna, Sergio and I tried to catch some, but they were very fast.  Out further, as we were boggie boarding I saw bigger fish surfing the waves!



     One day we even went on a dolphin cruise.  It was a 1 and a half hour trip on a boat to see dolphins.  I did it mainly for Luna, since she is crazy about all animals, but it was cool to see wild dolphins up close.  They were bigger than I expected.  Prettier and cleanier than I thought.  I guess I though "wild dolphins would be small and spotted with all kinds of imperfections.  The dolphins came very close to the moter and jumped in the waves made by the boat.  We also saw some dolphins following shimp boats.  They do this because the shrimp fishers throw out all other things caught by the nets.  The dolphins know this and so follow them and eat the stuff they throw off the boat.  Aside form this it is illegal to feed dolphins.

No comments: