Monday, June 11, 2012

Lemon Pepper Salmon

                    
This is the best Salmon I have ever tried. Believe it or not I got it from the GE cookbook that came with my Microwave Convection oven! All that means is that it is a microwave and a regular oven too.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons of lemon pepper
6 (5 oz) salmon steaks (i don't weight them but they look 1 inch thick to me)
2 teaspoon of lemon juice (fresh is best as in squeeze it yourself from the lemon, watch for seeds!)
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
6 thin onion slices
3 lemon slices, halved
1 teaspoon of tarragon
½ teaspoon of papirika
Dash salt

1.  Place butter in 2-quart oblong glass baking dish. I put in in my 9x13 glass dish and that workes out ok
2.  Microwave at high for 1 minute until melted
3.  Coat bottom of dish with butter and sprinkle with lemon pepper and some of the garlic and onion powder.
4.  Lay down the salmon steaks, leaving a few centimeters between steaks
5.  Pour lemon juice over steaks
6.  Sprinkle remaining garlic powder, onion powder and lemon pepper on salmon steaks
7.  Put one slice of onion and lemon on each steak
8.  Add papirika and sprinkle the tarragon on the steaks
9.  Bake 13 to 17 minutes at 350. I begin check at 11 minutes. DO NOT OVERCOOK or it will be dry and it does not taste good dry. 1 minute can sometimes make the difference.
10.  You can use frozen salmon like the one above from Sam's club, but I think it is a little better with their fresh salmon, it's a better price too.

No comments: