Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Answered Prayers

My Dad, being goffy.  My two older sisters, enjoying his company

Today I am so thankful. The Lord is so quick to answer my prayers.

1-I was discouraged and hopeless. I prayed. My father called and was very positive and uplifting. We had a great conversation. Also it just warmed my heart to see my own father being used by God. I am so thankful he has a relationship with the Lord.  Although the Lord can use anyone not just people who are in close relationship to him for some reason I think my father being able to be respond to my need through God has something to do with his growing relationship with the Lord.
2-My dear girlfriend who is suffering terribly. I have been praying for her daily for weeks. She is in immense emotional pain. I asked if the Lord could relieve her of even a small fraction of her pain. Then last night at 4:30AM she called and shared with me. We talked for 2 hours. Just by being available and listening she said she felt better. I am so grateful that the Lord has removed some of her pain. I promised her I would not share her story, so her name and issues will remain anonymous.
3-Future answered prayer: I get excited thinking about this. To see my dear girlfriend completely healed, restored, and living a godly life. I am praying she will know and feel how much God loves her.

No comments: