Friday, November 12, 2010

Honey, have you seen my keys?

Thursday morning was a very important day for me. I was teaching a regular Jazzercise class at 9:30 am. I was off work for Veterans day and I was to be evaluated by a monitor appointed by Jazzercise Corp. It's a pretty detailed process in which everything I say and do during class is scrutinized. I was prepared and had everything together. My ipod, a backup CD just in case, my routine set printed out complete with the time of each song and rountine. EVEYTHING was ready. I am 10 minutes ahead of schedule when I begin to leave the house. Only one problem. Where are my keys?
I look on the key hook that I recently installed so that I wouldn't have to search all of Ignacio's pants when I need his keys. But mine where not there, no biggy. That's normal. I check my coat pocket. Not there. That's typical too. The other place I usually put them is the table near the front door leading into the main room. But they're not there either. I am a little frustrated now, but still there's another place they sometimes are. My pocket of yesterday's pants. I checked them and they weren't there either. Now it's getting late. I need to be there 20 minutes early. That is a standard rule. I don't want to get points takend off right of the bat because of that. So I swallow my pride and do not let my dermination to find those %^#@%& keys cause me to be late. Off to the neighbors I go to beg for a ride. They don't answer their door, so I try the other neighbor. Usually he's available but this one day he has some important state worker coming to his house in 30 minutes. He suggests I call the previous neighbor who didn't answer their door. Thank God the answer their phone and because they are AWESOME, they drive me. I am forever indebted to them. I make it to Jazzercise at 9:20. The class was "great" and "fantastic" she said. Thanks to God I did well.
The rest of the day wasn't too bad with only one car, because my husband was off work. Even though I continued to search my entire house I still couldnt' find them.
The next morning was rough with only one car because I had to work, my husband had to get to work and the kids had to get to school. Ignacio was NOT a happy camper as he left with the kids.
After he left I went to look for my keys in the backyard because I remember picking up the kids toys late Wed afternoon and low and behold, there were my precious keys in the ............ COMPOST PILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

maren said...

HEHEHEH! I suppose that you can look on the bright side--at least you didn't throw them away!!!! Glad you found them, and yeah for you for your rave reviews on your class!