Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What is in a name?

                                              


Do think a name matters?
A friend of mine who is a pediatric nuerologist, told me that names matter. In fact she told my husband and I not to name our child Daniel. Sorry anyone with kids name Daniel. She said they were wild or hyper. I can't remember exactly, however I often think about this whole name/personality connection.

I know 2 women named Barbara. They are both;
Hardworkers
Focused
Detailed
Conservative
Organized
Clean and neat homes

What do you think? Is there truth to my friends thoughts or is a name just a name

1 comment:

maren said...

I think names are very important. I don't necessarily think that all "Daniels" are a certain way and all "Matthews" are another, but I do think that a name can cause a person to carry themselves differently based on if they like it or not...or if it portrays something. I once subbed for a "Princess" who thought she was one and a "Suave" who thought he was a ladies' man, etc...When I named my kids, I put "Doctor" in front of it to make sure it was distinguished enough if they so chose to be one. I think there are a lot of names that are too trite and cutesy to match a distinguished profession...Can y ou tell you hit my soapbox! Hahah! <3 ya! Maren