Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Athena

The picture above is my niece, Athena. She took it one day on my iphone.  I left my iphone laying around my sister Jessi's house and what a sweet suprise to see a dozen goofy pictures of my nieces.

I am so thankful for my nieces and nephews. (Picture above is Athena with Marisa) There is not one that isn't special.  Both on my husbands side and my side.  I thank the Lord for helping me to see their gifts and beauty.  Last year I was blessed to have my niece, Marisa, care for my kids.  This summer my kids had a wonderful week with their cousin, Athena.  She took such good care of them.  They loved every bit of it. I hope Athena, Luna, and Gabriel will keep the memory of her visit forever. 

I often struggle with working full time and not being with my children. I often wonder if they are getting are the love and attention they need at their daycare and school.  I know for me I experienced a great amount of peace during Athena's visit because she had so much fun with them and loved on them so much.  She truly loves kids.  In fact she wants to be a mom when she grows up! Anyways knowing my children where taken care of like that was sucha great feeling.  The only sad part was that I personally didn't have much time to spend with her, but my kids did and homefully they will remember it.

No comments: