Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Sugar Blues

Here are my personal reasons for ditching white sugar and artificial sugar;
1) Mood-Experts say sugar makes PMS worse, so I am predicting cutting out sugar will help lift my overall mood
2) Less Colds and other aliments- I read that sugar suppresses our immune system by inhibiting the ability of white blood cells to engulf bacterial and viral invaders.
3) Prevent Diabetes-My dad's pancreas doesn't even work anymore. He has to give himself a shot of insuln to lower his blood sugar. I do not want to be doing that. If diet and exercise can reverse diabetes, It can prevent it!
4) Lower cholestorol. It is currently 225. My doctor says it needs to get down.
5) Look better-Sugar causes you to age faster. I figure it is a lot cheaper to give up sweets than to spend 100's of dollars on anti-winkle cream!

Here are more of my reasons in order of importance. These are fairly typical of most people, so I put them in a seperate category:

1) Lose weight- specifically in my belly. It is SO huge and I am so sick of it.
2) Feel better -see above #1
3) Get healthy- sugar causes your teeth to rot

So I have all my reasons. Now I need to find my strength. I can't do it on my own, but God willing I will overcome my sugar addiction.

No comments: