Monday, July 28, 2008

Homegrown Cucumbers

This is a picture of the cucumbers from my garden!
Having your own garden is so much fun. I planted 3 ting cucumber plants. When I put them in the ground in late May, each had only 2 leaves. They ended up producing more than 20 cucumbers. The big suprise was the size. They were as big as the ones they sell at the supermarket! It was nice walking outside and picking a cucumber anytime we needed one.
Tomatoes too!
Luna loves cherry tomatoes. She eats them like candy. We planted two bushes and got plenty of tomatoes. She pickes them off the bush and pops them in her mouth. She will eat a pint in less than 15 minutes.
We also grew a pepper plant in a pot and it produced 3 green pepper that we used in a delicious marinara sauce! I also have a watermelon and cateloupe plant that I planted a bit late and have yet to produce anything.
Now I know how easy gardening is, maybe next year I will grow more!

No comments: