Friday, July 25, 2008

Best soft serve ice cream in Louisville

Sometimes you just need a good vanilla soft serve dipped in chocolate.

When I was 13 I worked at a little pony keg (a small store that sells candy, liquior, "papers", lottery tickets, potato chips and soda pop) Attached to the store was a tiny area where I worked as the ice cream girl. It was basically a big enough area to make ice cream cones, sundaies, etc. There was one window where people would place their order. Needless to say I ate my share of ice creams. This store no longer exists, however there is one similar, but this is all in Cincinnati.

So this began my mission to find a good, small, ma and pa ice cream place, preferable one that is only open in the summer (that makes it more authentic!)
Here's what I found.

Dairy Castle Ice Cream -575 Eastern Parkway

Daurt Delight -Prestion highway

I'll let you know how it is!

2 comments:

TJ said...

Dairy Delight on Preston in the Bittersweet shopping center is the best soft server bar none...I've tried both and that's my vote...

Marcy said...

Yes, it was good. Haven't found anything better in Louisville yet.