Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A good day

It's a good morning when I can change the diaper of a crying, screaming, kicking, toddler without losing my temper or hurting my back. Actually the struggle begins with just taking off his clothes. He begins to cry when I try to take off his pijamas. He physically holds to his buttons and zippers and sleeves and it's really hard to pry him off so I can undress him.

This morning gabriel was not only doing all of the above but he also pulls the new diaper off that I am trying to put on or he puts his hands down to block me from attaching the sides. I then quickly snap his onsie on at the bottom before he pulls off the diaper. Well today during the entire process I just keep saying I can do it I can do it, kinda of in a way like it was a game or something. You see Luna is there and she observes everything, so I am glad I showed her a positive way to deal with a difficult situation. In the end I said, "Yeah mommy did it"

No comments: