Thursday, June 25, 2009

8 hours!


My four month old slept eight hours last night. That is the longest he's slept. I got a good 7 hrs, oh it was so nice. I woke up on my own, before him, feeling great and energized. I made my bed, took a shower, and got ready for work. Usually I am so tired the bed doesn't get made and I'll seriously consider skipping the shower to lay in bed a few more minutes. Telling people about this will probably jinx it and tonight he'll probably be up every hour. Blogging about it is a sure way to make that it doesn't repeat. Oh well, still hoping for the best.

When your having a good day, do you sometimes start thinking about all the wonderful things in your life? Amazing what some good rest can do.
So I was thinking how lucky I am to have such a great person to take care of Gabriel.

Sara, is a senior in H.S. and she watches Gabe at my house and she is so smart and responsible. Today luna is home with her too so I didn't have to drive her to school, so I had time to feed Gabe one more time before I leave. Before Sara, I had another great person taking care of him and she might again in the fall.

Luna goes to an awesome school. This week is Art week and they are learing about Picasso and VanGogh! Prior to school Luna was being taken care of by a wonderful and loving family, that was a big blessing too.

My back doesn't hurt.

My husband is amazing and good looking and kind and funny and helps me a lot with the kids. He is an incredible dad.

I've taught Luna Spanish. She is officially fluent in two languages.

I slept well last night.

I have lots a great friends.

My job is nice and my boss and coworkers are all really nice, good people. I was approved to work P.T. which means more time with my cute kids. So glad that worked out.

I got a good night's rest last night.

Did I mention my 4 month old slept 8 hours?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow Marcella how wonderful - 8 hours!!! You gotta love that! I know you felt great - so did you jinx it or has he done it again? :)

I'm so glad you got the PT work approved... It's hard to work when you want to be home with your babes. Reading your post makes me think about my own blessings. It's important to count them sometimes.

I love your pics! The one with Gabe dressed up - he looks just like Ignacio! I also love the one with you and your sister, you both look so pretty! How did you get into the club house on Derby???

Okay, sorry to write a book. Last question - how did you teach Luna Spanish and how did you help her become fluent? I want to teach Megan and Peyton so bad (and myself too) I took Spanish in college and LOVED it, but not having the opportunity to use it I pretty much lost most of it. I love the language though and the culture too - it's just so beautiful. So any tips? :) Good night!!

Marcy said...

Melaine, so good to hear from you-as always. I hope your doing well. You are so full of energy, I love it. He did it again twice.
We got tickets to the Derby through Ignacio's work. It was a wonderful suprise.

I taught Luna Spanish by only speaking spanish to her for the first 2 yrs of her life. We also would read lots of book in spanish. We have few english ones. Movies and TV in spanish (sparingly of course) and now we speak 50/50 spanish/english. Are you going to the zoo tonight? Also I wanted to tell you that was so sweet of Meghan to give that book to Luna. I hope I didn't hurt her feeling when I said let's borrow it instead. I was just worried b/c Payton is still probalby going to read those too. Anyways she's a sweetie.